Social Media is transforming our lives many fold in modern world of technology. Two giants of social networking are face to face. Let us Find out similarities and differences between Google+ and Facebook.
Similarities and Differences:
- Chat: Google+ and Facebook provide web chat service. 1 week ago Google+ had a edge in this respect but the recent Facebook Skype agreement has placed full stop to Facebook competitor in this respect. Text Chat was already in-placed in both Google+ and Facebook.
- Friends:Google+ has a circle system for friends.On Google+ you can place your contacts as per your desire. Facebook don’t facilitate in such manner. Facebook has ‘share to all’ model. Google+ provides a little privacy in socialization but Facebook believes otherwise.
- Following: In Google+ you can ‘follow’ just like twitter but in Facebook you only can like the page.New Google+ keeps you more updated than Facebook competitor.
- User Functionality:Google+ encourages the users over 18 but Facebook has no such limitation. 1 day born child can use Facebook or after coming to earth he can update his status, telling his papa, ‘i’m on Facebook’. Though, it has social consequences and Facebook users should be careful while sharing their stuff. there might be 7 or 8 year old surfing adult stuff without any restriction.
- Social Networking: Facebook is a closed social networking website where people can mutually decide regarding their friendship.This is kind of judgmental. people can make mistakes while choosing or not a friend.Google+, on the other side is open social networking website where people can serf all the stuff posted by the people within the circle. This provides them more better understanding about their circle.It is more open minded and flexible but within a circle.Google+ provides privacy while social networking!
- Virtual and real World: Facebook provides Farm Vila, Mafia Wars and allot of other virtual reality stuff for the surfers to learn how they can perform in real life. Instead Google+ provides a platform where people can interact with professionals from the real world.
- Privacy Settings: Facebook users always remain concerned about their privacy settings to keep them hidden from some unwanted or distant friends. Google+ users are not worried about that because they put their circles in-place and these circles work as privacy settings for them.
Gone are the days when we keep on talking about Oracle and Google rivalry. After the inception of social media; rules of the game have been transformed, so are players. If they all played fairly enough, i am sure they all will help humanity in a very peculiar manner. If they remained aloft of serving humanity and tried to enslave them, their disaster is certain, sooner or later.